Sunday 8 July 2012

Inspiration {2}

In this post, I want to show you where some of the inspiration has come from for the flower designs on my skirt project.

I bought a pack of Christmas cards from Oxfam a couple of years ago, and they are so pretty I have hardly been able to make myself send them out! I decided to keep one on my wall as inspiration, because the embroidered nativity scene is so beautiful.

Embroidered nativity scene from an Oxfam Christmas card. I love the flower detailing and the  simple picture designs.
I think this shows how very simple designs, when crafted with care and accuracy can look both delicate and elegant. So I have been taking inspiration from some of the flower designs and reworking them on my skirt. You can see below that the blue flower is worked with reference to the large yellow one on the card.



And I think that the blue flower might be my favourite on the whole project... for now at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment