Monday 21 October 2013

A Handmade Wedding...

...and barely any of it made by my own fair hand!


Almost two months ago now was the most magical day I've ever experienced - our wedding day. Our plan was to have as many personal and hand made touches as possible. However, I didn't intend to to too much of the hand-making myself. My big project for the wedding was to embroider a waistcoat for my husband - pictures of that are at the bottom of this post. First I want to show you all the other lovely touches made by friends and acquaintances of mine.

My bridesmaids were mismatched, so I wanted to make sure the accessories pulled the look together.


I think we did ok!

The gorgeous fascinators were made by Lauren of Lauren Sophie Creations you should check out her work, I think the fascinators were a slight deviation from her usual stock but I think that shows off the extent of her talents!

You can also see that the girls are wearing bracelets to match the colours of their dresses. These were made by my lovely friend Mel from Singapore who makes jewellery as a hobby, she was so kind to take on the job even though she has recently had a baby. I can't tell you how lovely it was to open the parcel all the way from the other side of the world to see those exquisite charm bracelets inside.

Even the finishing touch of an upgrade to the buttons on those cardigans was done for me by Bridesmaid Nicky.

The flowers were arranged by Lauren's Mum, Belinda who did an amazing job. The flowers looked totally professional, and her interpretation of what I wanted was spot on, she really has a talent.


The charming wedding favours (boiled sweets in brown paper bags) were put together by my brother and sister-in-law. They made a perfect final touch to the reception decorations.


Even my wedding dress was a bespoke creation by Lily and Louie


I  have been telling everyone how pleased I was with my dress. I enjoyed the whole process from the preliminary discussions and pictures to the final touches. Jay, the dress designer/maker was so good at listening to what I was after and let me change my mind as many times as I needed to! I totally recommend to any bride getting a bespoke dress, you really get exactly what you want, you can expect great quality and it can even come out costing less than one from a shop.

Other credits go to Mother-in-law Nicki who made the cake, Jonny and Peter who took the photographs (all photographs in this post by Jonny Bryant) and everyone who helped to decorate the venue, procure bits and pieces or cook puddings for us. 


And here is my contribution:



2 comments:

  1. Love it all. Glad you had a great day. I love Andy's waistcoat. You done such a lovely job. I didn't realise it had that many handmade touches on the day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! It was really lovely to have so many people involved. Hope you're well. x

    ReplyDelete