Tuesday 21 August 2012

Bows and Flows

Well, I have just become an entrepreneur. When I actually make a sale, I will call myself a businesswoman... as yet I have just published my first listing on Etsy.com (which is ebay but pretty!)

The piece that I have made to try and sell is called Bows and Flows, after the Joni Mitchel lyric from Both Sides now:

Bows and flows of angel hair,
And ice cream castles in the air,
And feather canyons everywhere,
I've looked at clouds that way.

So my inspiration came from clouds, and flowing hair and feathers. This is the first piece of really abstract work that I have completed, and I must say that I enjoyed the freedom and the flexibility of working like this.

Bows and Flows
I used some of the leftover lace from my revamped T-shirt from a couple of weeks ago, as a sort of background for the embroidery. This was a challenge to work with, just to make sure that the detail did not just blend in with the lace, but it has certainly produced a delicate kind of pretty!

I also discovered the secret of the french knot (either that or I have invented the Watford knot) in any case, I have fallen in love a little bit, and you can expect more knots in my future projects.

If you would be so kind as to visit the listing on Etsy, you might just make my day! Here's the link (It has had about 3 views so far, and I'm pretty sure they were all me!)

God bless,

Naomi
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment